14.9.14

Fit the Seventh - Bob giveth and Bob rippith away in violent fire and pain

[You Ain't nothin but a , Hound]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Co-Processor II

Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Prototype 'Arbalest' Torpedo Launcher, Nova Torpedo
Prototype 'Arbalest' Torpedo Launcher, Nova Torpedo
Prototype 'Arbalest' Torpedo Launcher, Nova Torpedo
Expanded Probe Launcher I (off-line)

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator I

450x Nova Torpedo
8x Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
Mobile Depot
~~*****~***~*****~~
Last night, dear readers, I  found a lovely Wrabbit-Hole. It was full of luminous glory and no one I could see. Half an hour of scanning found me every POS and anomaly. I noted location and makeup for each. Ships sat docked but no one seemed to be about, I scanned I checked, I set warp away bm. All was ready. I was ready, so away I jumped to get my Bandersnatch.

All was fire and isk, readers. My sacrifice to Bob was the first spawn's top wreck, destroyed unlooted and unsalvaged, and there was also a cake. If you are interested in this ancient Minmatar recipe it is very simple, and quite healthy too. You take one Quafe, whatever flavor you like, I use Zero because it seems to be Bob's favorite; one unit of wheat, ground in to a fine powder; one unit of dairy product, I prefer to get it fresh, but the freeze dried is just as good in a pinch; mix the ingredients together well using a Khumaak and place all into a jetcan and cook at the sun. Make sure to use Inferno Missiles or phases plasma, laser or hybrids will only char the cake leaving a carbony aftertaste.

Happily, readers, did I cleared sites for almost two hours! My cargo wasn't nearly full and I had about 70 million in blue loot and nanoribbons. Though I am sure you know, that higher class holes yield much more and faster than a lowly C1, but in all it beats mission running hands down. And readers, I was doing it, I was soloing a hole all by myself. Watching my d-scan and ready to jump at a moments notice. I took my loot back to my station in k-space because I had other things requiring my attention, but planned to return afterwards.

Two hours passed and I was back in EVE. I when back to the same hole, checked it briefly, no activity is seemed.  But while cleaning up my first sites wrecks, only worth a miserly 7 million, I suddenly noticed was jump by a Stratios with ogre II's and trinity tackle and Nemesis as back up.

Now readers, you know me, I own my mistakes. I am not one to cast blame and cry that i was caught unfairly, or subject crippling lag, such terrible awful lag slowing my ability to react! I was caught with two of my guns offline and the Ogres ripped up my poor Bandersnatch. 

Now my day started with me earning enough to replace my poor BC, but, dear readers, I am sad to admit that I wasn't satisfied. Fire burnt within my heart and the blood of my Matari ancestors demanded vengeance. Back I raced in my pod to grab another ship. My hound-dog I thought would do the job. In it, I rushed back silent and sure. To my wreck I jumped. I had hurt the Stratios earlier and he'd needed to repair, I had hit his hull before he finished mine. I jumped in too close though, and as I landed so did the Stratios, with his insta-lock he grabbed my Bandersnatch's defiled wreck pulling it unwittingly into my hound-dog. Suddenly there I sit dear reader, in my glass cannon, no time to lock and fire, though I tried. I was soon in my pod and running. At my wormhole back home sat a camp of his mates, but I had bm'ed off far enough to see them before they could come for me and I kept moving. They should have bubbled the hole, but they didn't. I survived. 

You see dear readers, this tail of woe is not because of cursed lag, but one of deeper and darker stuff. The human heart is seems is a terrible place full of greed. I should have been satisfied  with what i had, but instead my losses ended up greater than my gains. Bob has shown me the errors of my ways yet again, readers, dear readers, I was blinded and wrong. But now I know, Now I see. There is but one truth, I must be more vigilant against the darkness. I must burn all I see just as the wheat that I so loving add to my cakes so to must I mix the blood of those I see white their own ashes so to purge their greed from them... Or at least that is the lesson I think Bob wanted to teach me, readers, so pray you see me before I see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment