16.9.14

Bob is good.

Our Bob is an awesome Bob, much more awesome than some other Bobs out there.

So dear readers, with only the loot I'd taken from that C1 and with one million in the bank, I make my way to Jita tonight. "Here I go to Jita, Jita. I want to make my life all betta', beda'."

By Rens I was up 31.5 million. Now I don't mean to brag dear readers, or say that I am more blessed by Bod than others because he prefers my cakes to what ever it is the others they call their sacrifices. But I think it's obvious what Bob prefers, don't you? Needless to say readers, by Jita my account balance skyrocketed to just under 110 million isk. Over 100 million in isk. The nanofibers were my big winner on this trip (netting me about 70 million alone), but I must say the T2 and faction drones that I found just floating lost and alone while looking for other capsulteers in w-space helped my totals considerable also. Plus I cannot stand to see the poor defenseless drones left alone and scared to suffer what ever fate awaits them because their former owners couldn't take care of them. Honestly readers, the local shelters are packed with abandoned or unwanted drones. You should adopt some, sometimes capsulteers invest in expensive breeds of these wonderful pets and then just leave them without a care to fend for themselves out in the vast oceans of space. Its a crime, really it is. No wonder there are some many packs of feral drones wondering w-space making it unsafe.

Well now readers, I am a lazy seller when it comes to the market. I know I could maybe increase my returns by at lest another quarter, but I just don't waste my time with sell orders. It doesn't appeal to me. Trader PvPers you win against me, it is almost unfair. I know I should follow my favorite Kilrathi saying and "fight back, there is no honor in slaughter!" But meh, The most I do is I set up a small spreadsheet that tracks my loot and the highest buy orders and quantities in the hubs and plan a run to Jita, stopping off  here or there along the way. If my sheet says something will sell higher there I stop and off load it, so I had an idea that I would come close to 100 million isk this trip.

Readers, by now I think you know me well enough to know that I do not have that dark part of the human soul that is required to be able to  sell the brighter happier bits to an Anti-Bob in order to Plex every weekend, and make other scream "my ship! Why Bob, why! Those supplies where for the orphans! Those poor mutant orphan freaks will never get another chance at to hunt for the colorful and deadly Bobsmas eggs delivered and hidden like landmines by Old Saint Andta Claws during the Reign of Deers, the Great Red Slayer!" I care about the orphans of Eve, and want them to find the eggs that do not hiss or tick menacingly. Does this make me a bad capsulteer? Inferior in skills and style to those depraved monsters that would see the return of INFOD and the Church, I say thee nay. Isk is merely a matrix by which we may keep score. I accept that I am not in the top percentiles, or even the top bottom percentiles of capsulteers. Many younger pilots make much more than me on a trial account. BUT as a solo pilot I know my income is limited to what I can handle alone, and I put a greater percentage of my personal wealth on the line than others in larger corporations and alliances. I know dear readers, that I will lose, often and more... and often more than I can afford, but somehow I say afloat. I make just enough to replace what I have lost and maybe upgrade a bit. I am able to indulge in some expensive habits aswell, (Quafe Zero how can I not keep a case or two in my hanger to enjoy after I find my hands and toes no longer feel like they fit quite right in that new clone I find myself in.) And for all this I am content.

All I am saying is dear readers is that Bob watches out for the soloist it seems, and he keeps us flying. Fly safe or fly dangerous... just don't forget that I fly scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment