18.5.14

By way of further explanation


First. I am not an expert player in EVE, though I have played EVE since 2006. Perhaps though that in itself is misleading. For I in truth have only around 20 million skill points and a wallet that rarely peaks above 90 million isk. Perhaps I am the oldest and boldest of noobs, or simply a beamish boy unprepared for what whiffles through the tulgey wood.

My PvP experience  laughable at best, (one could argue that all EVE is PvP and so I should qualify such, but to you I say the argument of semantics is trite and all know I refer commonly to PvP combat as such,) and though podded only a handful of times in engagements against others, I have won not once. It is not for lack of skills, my build is primarily combat groomed, but I think it is easy to see killer instinct I have not at all. I lack the will to lock and fire first, and so often find that after the Alpha I am next to lost and tackled. I won't say I do not expect or see it coming. I fly solo, so everyone... no let me rephrase that, EVERYONE else is a target or a threat, mainly the latter.


So lacking the vorpal sword of a fighters spirit, I find myself asking what I am doing in EVE? The game in spite of my current loathing of PvP, (please stop, your inane babble, we know what is meant,) has hooks in me. I love the building and testing of kits, the planning how to skill myself so that I can fly them, they are perhaps not the common or optimal fit, but I like to test them, mayhaps it is why I cry little about a loss that means I must ice mine several hours to replace.

File:SnarkRear.svgLately I find thought at the PvE of agent missions bore me. The LP are nice, and some claim I can make more if I pay the skill tax, but I ask why, all are the same, though I may increase the supposed reward the gain in the game is truly small. I have tried to make it more interesting, truly, an L4 in a Wolf is possible, not advised and with good reason... more boring that doing it fast, and hardly worth the resources in ammo.

So I decided to start Wormholing -- only I feel more like Alice with each trip being curiousor and curiousor. But more than Alice, I feel as if I where the Bellman, truly unfit to sail yet the captain none the less. So I Justice Shallow dive into the ocean of stars known as New Eden, to see just how deep the Rabbit Hole goes, and when I find the snark that I hunt if the snark be true... or if I share the Baker's fate and find a Boojum.

No comments:

Post a Comment