30.4.15

And Should We Die...

And if we die, before the battles through,
Tell your mom, tell your dad...
We were SUPER RAD!

~~*****~***~*****~~

I've been off line a few days. So I was shocked with the change... seemingly out of the blue, since I rarely read the Dev Blogs. But after a few hours of crying and feeling betrayed, curled up in the fetal position at the bottom of the shower, I guess I have to accept it and move on.

So my thoughts on the change:
-1:  I can't fit my previous tank. Even with Downgrade from t2 to named :(
-1: I have to fit an active tank. (There goes cap stability.) :(
-1: Cap Boosters TAKE UP TOO MUCH CARGO SPACE!Less room for loots. :(
-1: Wasted High Slot. NOTHING will fit in that slot now.
-1: Longer shield recharge means, I need to use more boosts and lower cap suffers.
0: No real loss to DPS even though I lost two turrets.

That's a -5 to my Svipul's coolness factor. :,(

I'm not sure I see any up sides on this. Now I do notice on the forums a lot of people complain that the Svipul is OP. I'm not quite sure I see it. SURE some fits are powerful and give a T1 Cruiser with a T2 fit a run for their money, BUT if you as me that is the point of T3. It needs to be a step above T2, and most T2 out perform the T1 version and even challenge the next size class higher... (HAC vs BC, 5:1 odd on the HAC every time.) So WHY shouldn't a T3 Destroyer be able to challenge a T1 Cruiser in tank and DPS? Don't get me wrong, pilot skills and fitting play a bit role, but a specialized hull like a T2 is meant to do its role better than a T1 hull. That's why you don't combat fit a Cheetah, or fit a Wolf for scanning. T3s are meant to be versatile, and powerful. They are meant to give the lone ship out there in the black something to be looking over their shoulder for.

Mainly though I'm just sad that I've lost some of the Pownmobile's street cred with this nerf. Now punks in Cruisers are gonna thing that stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment