4.11.14

The Broken, the Beaten and the Damned

Well readers, it has been a while since I updated you on my misadventures. I found a corp that wanted to move into wormholes and they invited me to join them. I accepted and was foolishly given directors rights. Now I know what you're thinking reader, potential billions of isk at my finger, well yes there is that but I had to help run things too... also the billions was actually only hundreds of thousands of isk. We moved into a C1 with three other corps and set up a small pos. I don't think I need to tell you that this was a very bad call. The other corps wanted us to help in fleet engagements and security. We were okay with that... and well, I'm not sure I get it. Everyone in the alliance wanted to hunt for other pilots rather than run sites. They do industry and trading and I'm hemorrhaging isk like I had a massive head wound in this C1. I actually lost half a billion in equipment, fuel and BPs in our first three weeks.

Just as an example we have been roaming low and null in frigate fleets, cheep fits mind you, but every time "engage" is called by the FC, I confirm target, close and engage ... BUT the rest of the fleet jumps away because things get too hot before they even start to fight back. As a result I've lost A LOT of ships in a very short time, and my income is not keeping up. Lots of cheep ships when you lose them add up fast.

Well after some pushing the CEO finally saw reason, (I couldn't spot him another days worth of Fuel and the POS went off line,) So we scouted out and he found an "abandoned" C5. Our corp is mostly young players... point in fact I am the ONLY capsulteer in the corp that can fly a HAC, HAF, CovOP... any T2 ship, let alone a BS or T3. BUT C5 it is,. While moving in the CEO loses a hauler full of BPs and other equipment I've ended up "donating" to the corp... well that was the rest of my half billion. Now I'm back to 20 million in my wallet, a Mammoth and my Cheetara 2. I have a Rupture sitting in a hanger in highsec but I'm not sure I am ready to lose that one just yet.

So now still bleeding isk like a gusher, we have a large tower, 20 site, C1 static, a few new recruits, and no one to run content... Oh and I forgot to add the system has seven POCO at 100% tax. I wonder if I can solo bash a POCO in a Tornado or a Hound.

I think I am gonna have to take some "me" time soon and simply explore down the chain and leave everyone else to the fleets for a while. I guess readers the good news is that I am not desperate enough to just mine yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment